Personal Data collected will not be sold, rented or distributed to outside sources not compliant with GDPR or without prior consent by yourselves.
By using our website, online facilities or continuing to trade with us you and accepting our website terms you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. To view our website and cookies policy CLICK HERE.
Collection of data
We may collect data about you from a number of sources including:
- When you purchase a service or product from us. Usually but not systematically this may involve creating an account with BOS. We will collect:
- Your full name including any aliases or preferred names
- Email address
- Telephone number – landline and or mobile
- Company name
- Billing and delivery details
- Password for online purchases – if applicable
- When you contact us with an enquiry or in response to information we send to you.
- When you visit our websites – this information may include:
- Technical device information
- Products you have viewed or searched for
- Page response times
- Download errors
- Length of visits to certain pages
- Page interaction information (click, mouse-overs, scrolls)
- Subscriptions to emails / newsletters or comments to blogs
We do NOT gather ‘sensitive personal data’ including for example information on health, race or religion.
If you provide information on behalf of a third party you confirm that you have their consent to do so and this includes the collection, processing and storage of the third party data.
Use of data
As the collection and storage of personal data is an important requirement for us to provide you with goods and services, we will only use this information to:
- Help us identify you and your company should you communicate with us
- Fulfil any contractual obligations that we have entered into with yourselves
- Provide you with information on products and services that we offer, you enquire about or that have changed
- Allow us to carry out administrative duties pertaining to your account or purchase including: communicating changes to products, services, account status or other, carry out marketing analysis and research in order to improve our service offering to you. (We will not however pass on any details to third parties for marketing purposes).
- Contact you about products or services that may be similar to previously bought products or services or new ones which we deem to be of use to you and your company. Should you wish us not to do so you may retract your consent by either unsubscribing to emails or contacting us by other means to do so which you will find at the bottom of this policy.
- Check details with agencies with reference to fraud or credit checks, these third parties themselves being compliant with new GDPR regulations.
- Pass on to trusted third party partners in accordance with this privacy agreement and with your consent in order to complete or enhance your buying experience
Protection of Data
BOS enforces strict security measures and policies to keep all Personal Data safe.
- All data you provide is stored in secure servers within the European Economic Area.
- We use SSL software to encrypt information you input
- We adhere to strict physical, electronic and procedural policies during the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data including the use of shredding of personal data that is no longer valid or has been imported onto our secure computer storage facility.
- If you give us credit / payment card information we use it only to check your financial qualifications or take payment. All information is securely shredded and any third party provider to manage credit card processing is not allowed to keep or use information for any other process other than taking payment.
Your Data – Your Rights
We only keep data for the duration that we think it will be useful to store it for the purposes of contacting you to inform you about our products and services, however, you are allowed at any time to ask what data is stored about you and for what purpose. You are also able to request alteration and erasure of information that is kept on you.
The GDPR laws allow us lawful reasons to use or process data about yourself. For business to business accounts one of the reasons is called ‘Legitimate Interests’. In general terms this means that as a company that has the right to do business, make a profit, employ people, we have a genuine and legitimate reason to contact you. We are only allowed to do this if we are not directly causing you difficulties or infringing your rights and interests.
When you give us your details we carefully balance any potential impact on you and your rights versus our legitimate business interests to service your business. At all times the data you provide will be used to give you only the most appropriate information about our products and services and in the most secure way.
We may occasionally email you about products or services similar to those already purchased, items on special offer or new items that we think would be beneficial to your company or organisation. We may also update you on news from the company, its policies and procedures or other such infrastructure changes. We will aim to keep our marketing tailored and relevant to your business.
Should you specify the method in which you prefer to be contacted we will make a note of this information and endeavour to meet your requirements.
We will at all times allow you to opt out from receiving emails, by providing you with an unsubscribe option or means to communicate your desire to do so.
firstname.lastname@example.org , call us on 01226 98 22 98 or write to us at Privacy, BOS Office Supplies, 12 – 18 Summer Lane, Barnsley, S70 6BN.